Friday, July 30, 2010

life's portrait workshop

by request of my lovely friend who lives in a middle of nowhere with no zip code...i'm throwing my first private workshop for a group of 7 artsy ladies.  i mean, they're the city's creme de la creme of scraps and beyond.  so that's like me landing in normandy on world war II with a pair of scissors with a mission to overtake the germans.  by the way, i was just kidding about my friend's domain.  it's my pun for her severely impaired internet connection which allows her to type 1 3/4 of a sentence before it lags for another 15 minutes.  we're planning to communicate by owl mail in the future.

anyway, it began with her request for a carousel pop up album and she managed to convince the whole troop to join during their next gathering, which is august 7.



i'm calling mine, "portrait of a young girl"  after portrait of an artist as a young man and portrait of a lady of course.  i recently found a black and white negative of me and my brothers from when we were toddlers.  considering that's close to 40 years, the negatives were in a pretty good shape.  a dear friend is helping me cleaning up some spots and i'm up to scrap them major style.  now that i think of it, i should be calling it portrait of a young lady.  see if i can peel it off.

i will share the pop up dream catcher page after the workshop. that last page is my favorite and rather ambitious i should say.

3 comments:

Ria said...

I am one of that fortunate seven, and eagerly dreaming to see that last page. Thank you, dear lady. *Hugss.

suryanti said...

is that me that you mentioning? hahahaha...
yeaaaah the internet is not so friendly to me nowadays, so sorry if I have to send my owl to your home in the future...hahahaha..
Colette...I'm really honored to know how much efforts you've been through into this project..
feels so blessed..to have you as my dear friend, to have such a fortunate to be one of the gals...
with a really big bunch of thanks...mwaaaah..mwaaaaah...

ALICE WAHYUNI said...

Dear Colette...from deepest my heart ..."Thank You"...@_@